Wifi logic robot

So I was thinking, What if robots didn't do the "thinking" right there but sent it to a pc set to run the logic of the robot and then sent it back to the robot via wifi? I think it would be and faster and more powerfull then doing it on a tiny microcontroller.

Any ideas?

Seems redundant.
Seems redundant.

The back and fourth

The back and fourth communication would slow the overall process down and depending on how critical speed is, this could make or break what you’re working on. Use a more powerful processor, more memory, send data to a computer, but I wouldn’t let it decide on where to go based on the data from the sensors. An exception I guess would be if you were mapping an area, but even then, that would be of limitied use I’d imagine…

I was just thinking the pc
I was just thinking the pc would be faster then the microcontroller on the bot, but thanks.

A pc would be faster if it

A pc would be faster if it was the brain.

Check this link out.

http://www.evolution.com/er1/

At the time they were developing this model I was working at another one of the companies that was located in the mothership(Idealabs.com) so I got to see a lot of the test models. These wee cool because they pretty much just used a laptop and mounted it on this platform(or one that they were developing). It would be pretty simple to do on your won now a days, heck maybe even then. These guys had a workshop to build these things though…it was pretty cool. Anyway, thisis what I’d do if I wanted more power…

That’s pretty cool, but I
That’s pretty cool, but I was just thinking hypathetical, I have no intention if actually doing something like this in the neer future.

You asked for ideas…which
You asked for ideas…which I was trying to provide, thats all…no expectations here…

Sounds pretty cool!!