Where to start?

So, I'm pretty much a blank slate. I have no knowlege on anything, my question is...where do I start? Is there a how-to guide or something. What is the most basic knowledge I need to know to start? Any direction would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance! ^_^

Start Here

Take a look at the top left hand link, just under the LMR logo where it says “Start Here”

When I first came to LMR and I was in your position, I started there and that worked out great for me :slight_smile:
Also since then I have developed my own pretty comprehensive “starter” kit, that I have taught at several schools and universities which is avaliable here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191738085565?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I usually don’t link this on LMR as I don’t want people to think I’m trying to “advertise” but it’s really aimed at those with no robotics experience, and little coding experience.

Good luck! 

Where to start’

Hi Avid,

Yes the begining of robotics can be overwhelming as there are many topics to cover, from electronics to programing, mechanics and so on.

For this reason to have a first test you can use the kits that are mentioned in the Start Here that mention Lexisonfire.

In the marketplace you can find several kits like this one or this other one.

I also recommend you some robotic MOOC courses like this ones:

Please tell me your thoughs.