Where to get spear parts for junk parts robots

it would be cool to be able to just take apart a calculater, an old printer or tv and have enough knoledge to turn its parts into a funtional robot. But maybe you can!! And im  about to show you how, all you need are:

some intermediate electrical engeneering knoledge, curcuits etc. 

* a multimeter (an advanced electricity meter for curcuits)

* old tv,printer,electrical toy like spy gear etc.

* batterys or power for multimeter and device tv, etc.

ok so you have found all these parts, now turn on the device by puting in battery's. 

Now use the current funtion for the multimeter and check all the pins or wires on the device to see what they do and when there high or low. Maybe if there is a thing where something does something ocording on a button or sensor on printer or if two things happen 

then a certain wire turns high play around with this and rember safty, because electricity can be dangerous regardless that most multimeters have fuses, make sure you have your multimeter set to the right setting a that your devise is not one thats plugged in which can be dangerous because of high voltage.

Robot salvaged parts

One source you shouldn’t overlook is VCRs, the older the better. They are an excellent source of motors, gears, sensors, LED’s, and light gauge wire. I built an entire robotic arm about 25 years ago with just some aluminum bar stock and all the rest of the parts came from VCRs.

Dead Roombas. They have

Dead Roombas. They have wonderful motors, batteries and are easy to take apart. Just get one from someone used, with an arduino, a 11v lipo and a motor driver you can get it moving again.

However i recommend too starting hacking a RC toy car, saves lots of time in designing a chassis and it’s easy to hijack battery and motors to drive it with a microcontroller and a cheap H-bridge. My favorites are the ESP8266 and the L293d as driver.

it seems like a lot of people were interested in this topic.
techset on youtube!

cool guys