Where to find connectors

I was following the "first robot" tutorial to get ideas on where to start and it said to buy some pins. they are great because the servo connectors just plug right onto them, but i cant find any similar connectors to put on the ends of my motor wires etc. its really hard to solder to the output pins so i would really appreciate it if anyone knows where they are available.

Just buy servo connectors…
If you go to a hobby store, real or online you can buy servo connectors without the servos attached… Some robot shop websites sell them too -just look around. One little tip, if you can find "extention cables" with a male connector on each end, shazam! --Cut them in 1/2 and you get two connectors for the price of one! If you are looking for a google, I would think something like "servo extention cable" would probably bring up what you needed.

thanks, i wasnt sure what
thanks, i wasnt sure what they were called.

Female headers

Two choices (in the UK) that I know of.

1) Go to your local Maplin and buy a pack of single pin interconnect cables - £2.99 for a pack of 8 (part no: A39GF)

2) Buy a pack of 100 Crimp contact terminals from RS Components - £9.60 + VAT + shipping (part no: 360-6869), some bell wire and some 1.5mm heat-shrink sleeving from Maplin, and make your own. Use snipe pliers for crimping as the "proper" tool costs £280. I solder as well as crimp the connectors and it takes me about 2 minutes to make a connector.