Wheatstone Amplifier Shield (2ch) use as standalone

I want to use the Wheatstone Amplifier Shield (2ch) as a standalone device to get analog outputs , what do I need to hook up ? I tried to find a schematic on your site , the manual does not go over this

Hi,

First, please be aware that this is not the intended use of the shield and it may cause issues or get damaged if you do not hook it up properly.

If you look at the documentation, you will find the manual. The bottom of page 3 you will find the following information:

That being said, the 5V is only used for the power LED on the board. Therefore, the bare minimum is the 3.3 V DC (which powers all the electronics and load cells) and GND.
Of course, you need the load cells connections and you should of course connect the A0/A1 to whatever device will take those amplified output.

Good luck!

Thanks , can the 3.3v power take 5volts ?? the chips should handle it correct ? if not I can use a reg. to lower it , are there analog outs on the board or do I need to take them from the amp chip ?
schematic available ???

Hi,

The 3.3 V supply must be a stable, 3.3 V DC power source. It cannot use any other voltage since all the components on the board were chosen for 3.3 V DC operation. Using a different voltage (especially higher) will most likely provide wrong or erratic results and as a high chance of damaging the circuit.

The analog outs are on A0/A1 and are available on the shield (just as the 3.3V, 5V and GND, too) from the black female headers. They are identified on the silk screen of the top side of the board.

No schematic is available at this time, but it is not really required as it is a very straightforward board. Please check the documentation linked previously since it most likely contain all answers pertaining to how to connect to the board.

Sincerely,

Got it , getting a 3.3 v reg. I got all docs , I do not see A0/A1 OUTPUTS just strain gauge inputs , do you mean Analog In 1 and 0 ???

Ya I followed the traces it is Analog IN !!!

Yes, the “Analog In” 0/1 are the ones used for the output.

Don’t forgot that the labeling on the Arduino and compatible stacking shields are written from the point of view of the Arduino’s AVR.

Therefore, the silkscreen for them says “Analog In” since they are input pins for the AVR.

Of course, when the shield is by itself, those are where the outputs end-up, since there is no Arduino to connect to.

Sincerely,

Thanks Man !! nice custo servo ???

A post was split to a new topic: Wheatstone bridge shield issues - always getting max voltage