What to sell?

Dear: LMR

I am letting you guys know I am thinking of starting a buisiness on etsy or shapeways. If I am going to make a buisness I was thinking it could be done with resin casted stuff that is done from a 3D printed object put in a mold. Would anyone have any preferences of what to sell? I am open to any even if I have to do some designing. Thanks!!!

Resolution

It will largely come down to resolution of hte 3D printer. Fine resolution means complex parts like custom servo horns. You can start simple with the highest quality part possible from your printer and simply sell it as a sample of what that printer can do (many people want samples before they purchase a 3D printer). You can also try custom Arduino / Raspberry Pi cases. Alternatively you can think of an accessory for an existing / popular robot. Last, you can do something not robotic at all like custom ice cube trays.

Have you tried looking at

Have you tried looking at the popular items from Etsy or Shapeways? Might give you an idea of what people are into (and ready to spend money on :wink: ).
For instance, jewelry is a huge category on Etsy. You could find cool jewels to 3D print and sell.
(Just a thought though :slight_smile: )

I will.

I have done that but I am still not sure. I will do some more research lol. Thanks!!!

Thanks!!! Will do.

Thanks I will look into it.