What kind of DC motor is this?

Hi dears. Would you help me about this motor . What kind of this DC motor is ? ( servo , stepper , … ) And what kind of driver is need for run. Tanx a lot.
Info:
Japan servo DC 24V MOTOR
type: DHCR80S-X1
D.NO. : GI53922

1 Like

1 Like

Hi @Danavan_hm and welcome to our forum :slight_smile:

How many wires are going out from the motor? On the photo, I see a lot of these, so I guess it is not a stepper, but servo motor. Probably thick wires are for power and thinner wires are for the encoder.

When you rotate the shaft by hand slowly, do you feel like small steps? (this would mean it is a stepper).

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi dear @igor_X . There is 5 thick wires for power and 8 thin wires for encoder , i know its not a steper motor. In center is a magnet with shaft. And It rotates very smoothly when I turn the shaft.

1 Like

Hi @Danavan_hm ,

Thank you for your reply.

So yes, this looks like an older industrial grade servo motor.

8 thin wires are for the encoder. Not sure which color is for what, but it should be for these: COS_OUT, REFCOS_OUT, SIN_OUT, REFSIN_OUT, DATA+, DATA-, ENC+, ENC0V).

The two yellow wires that go on top are probably for the temperature sensor (I guess this motor doesn’t have internal brake because you can rotate the shaft freely).

And, the thick wires are for the 3 phases + null (I guess) + PE (protective ground).

I’ve used similar motors from Schneider Electric and I’ve used Schneider Electric drives to run these: https://www.se.com/ww/en/product-range/63069-lexium-52-motors/?parent-subcategory-id=2935&filter=business-1-industrial-automation-and-control

Feel free to ask anything else.

2 Likes

So @igor_X , can i use any arduino board or module and driver for run and control it? Tanx for your kind.

1 Like

I think in theory it is possible but not widely used.

See this for example:

1 Like