Was once a BOE bot

I bought a parallax BOE-bot(the arduino robot shield) but had trouble with the 5v outputs when it went through the board. I modified it with some plates I bought at the home depot to make the platform above the BOE-bot platform.  the original base and the two continious rotation servos are the only thing that is left from the BOE-bot, the battery is a 6000mAh portable battery from Radioshack, it has usb out, so cut a charging cable and separated out power and ground. it plugs into the power rails of the breadboard and the other ed of the usb cable is used to provide power from the breadboard to the usb power port of a raspberry pi B rev 2 board. the raspberry pi and the arduous communicate USB and the arduino mega will serve as the IO board and the pi as the brains of the operation. Im very new to the programming and electronics thing, but I've been doing a fair amount of reading, and research any tips or tricks or criticism of my project or code would be greatly appreciated

Navigate around via ultrasound

• Actuators / output devices: 2 x Parallax (Futaba) Continuous Rotation Servo and one standard 180 degrees sensor
  • Control method: wifi VNC
  • Operating system: Raspbian Linux
  • Programming language: Arduino C, Python
  • Sensors / input devices: Ping)))
  • Target environment: indoor

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/was-once-a-boe-bot

new code

I attached txt files with the code Im using for the robot,  whats actually in place is pretty simple, I run the python code off of the raspberry pi using tightvncserver so i can controll it from my laptop, so far its nothing more than an expensive time wasting slow rc car with a terrible interface :slight_smile:  but I have to start somewhere