Walter's New Teaching Pendant for Head Moves (Virtual)

**Heh … **

I created page about 3 minutes ago… it’s coming…

Got to read your post,

Got to read your post, Specifically read the data communication part…
Like I said I’ve made an Arduino Service but no PICAXE Service, so now I got to quickly learn the PICAXE Basic stuff…
The Service which controls the Arduino also has a PDE file which contains all the code of the Arduino itself - There’s not much most of it is just pass through…

let me read first…

Hmm something to it…

We must be on to something… strangely the Arduino service has a 3 byte code too - probably should be 4 for future expansion… First byte corresponds to the function -
e.g.
2 = analogWrite
3 = digitalWrite
4 = pinMode … yatta…

I’m guessing I should go find a PicAxe manual and look for all the output/input commands…

Just stubbed out the PICAXE Service now… gotta go looking for an online manual 

What version/board of PICAXE do you have doing the serial/reading writing to the computer?

Coder hat on…

Download Eclipse & Java SDK for development

You are an amazing carpenter!

You are an amazing carpenter!

Hi Frits !

Do you want to play ?
… with some code I mean?  I or Chris could hook you up, I didn’t know if you were super busy with a gazillion other projects… We don’t have a PICAXE interface at the moment… but Chris is jammin on that…

Crash - root cause found

Hey Chris,
Recently I had to re-install everything on puter too… it wasn’t a virus, it was self inflicted… I kept getting that java crash too, until I looked back in my notes and found out OpenCV needed to be compiled with SSE options OFF.  The details have to do with byte alignment of the JNA interface (yatta yatta)

To get the new dll’s in place

• right click on myrobotlab in Eclipse —> goto Team --> Update to Head
  • unzip the contents of myrobotlab/thirdParty/bin/windows/OpenCV.2.1.zip into your system32 directory

Thanks for being a m$windows guinea pig, it’s very helpful getting my sh*t together for multiple-platforms

Bwa ha ha

Excellent you are my first Guinea Pig…  I started robotics back with that silly walking shopping cart and I have not been able to stop obsessing on it.  I got frustrated with what was available regarding software so I started an open source robotic framework about 2+ years ago… Its grown, but maybe at this point it should be pre-beta released…

So let’s start with the first steps - 

I’m interested in creating/updating documentation regarding the installation and development of this software…

I have the very beginning of a site put up here http://myrobotlab.org

Getting you up and running will help me and hopefully others in their art/Foo of making robots…

So, Let’s roll up our sleeves and get to it:
1. Do you know what Java version you have no the MS Computer?
2. One of the biggest hurtles - although I don’t suspect it to take too long is creating the PicAxe Board Service - this will allow your computer to talk to your PicAxe using this framework
3. Do you have links or pages already around which describe in detail what the connection is from you Puter to the Smirf and from the other Smirf to the PicAxe - 
4. I will needs some sample PicAxe code specifically the program you use to send and receive messages
5. MyRobotLab comes with a controlling GUI - but if you can start thinking of what senarios you want to happen with Walter - e.g. what action/reactions would be interesting of fun…

I’m all tingly with excitement…