Walter 1.4

That is so cool!
I was watching the video and thinking to myself, this robot is really really awesome. And then the ping sensor popped out and I was utterly amazed. Incredible job ctc

Awesome stuff CtC! The mini
Awesome stuff CtC! The mini head makes me think of a jack-in-the-box, or Aliens :0

I love 1.2 man
Kick ass… :smiley: The sonic sensor poping up like that is awesome… almost as awesome as my robots lol… :stuck_out_tongue:

Amazing. This is coming

Amazing. This is coming along really nice. Are you actually planning this design out or are you kind of improvising as you go? It seems as though you are learning a lot of new concepts from this project and I’m sure a lot of design techniques will make there way into Walter 2.0. I can definitely see you design something like this guy did in the following link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28127470@N03/

Lazy Drinker mmmm…
I want me one o those… lol

Laughing my head off first

Laughing my head off first time time I saw the Ultrasound pop up!

WAY WICKED!!! :smiley:

Great update
That ultra-sound popup is brilliant!

Nice paint job?

You did paint the mini head to match I hope? Ohh ooh ohh! Make a new one to encase the popup sensor! Very "Alien" indeed. Or "Mini Me"…

Walter made it into _nb.txt again!

The sonar looks like an
The sonar looks like an alien poping out of his head!! :smiley:
Awesome!!

For the 2.24.09 video I get
For the 2.24.09 video I get a “We’re sorry, this video is no longer available” message.

That sonar popping up is
That sonar popping up is just genius, I loved it!!!Really…

CTC.A carpenter is a very

CTC.

A carpenter is a very honorable trade, however, I would say you’ve passed the “Mad Scientist Crazy Robot Builder” title qualifications many months ago … although the acronym is rather weighty (CTMSCRB) - BTW you are a programmer, you can’t be a MSCRB without knowing how to program.

Great work - excellent documentation - now move to Oregon so we can play.

I like the recent addition and appreciate the way you have followed successful biological mechanism in your design. Now tell me where do I find one of these so I copy the spraying acid blood and super strength in my project?

aliensmouth.jpg

head off
I hope mini-walter’s head does not pop up too high - above the trailer hitch. That could cause a nasty decapi-mini-tation.

Damn, Grog…
Oregon you say… I have to say I have allready been and gone!! I lived in Redmond (outside Bend) for 3 years or so! I dearly miss OR too. I remember the gorge, getting drunk in BLM land and trips to Eugene to hang out with my Hippie friends. I still have a couple friends there but none are geeks.

That head is awesome. This

That head is awesome. This robot is turning out damn nice. I’m jealous :slight_smile:

Dan

Awesome the head popping
Awesome the head popping out!!!(Again!)

excellent. i love the
excellent. i love the peekaboo action.

That is TOO cool!
Great project Chris! The peekaboo sonar takes it to the “beyond cool” level. I’d give you more stars than five if this site would let us. :slight_smile: I guess 5*+ will just have to do…

Awsome
Wow, I really like the pop up sonar. Looks like you got his eyes programmed in too! Can he go autonomously yet? You know, simple obsticle (spelling?) avoiding?

Very-very nice work,

Very-very nice work, Chris.

Your walter is something different. ( i like it)

Your metod of motion capturing of Walter’s head realy cool.

I’m the beginner-robobuilder. But i’m always want to attempting it.

I’m allready began to building my first.

Sorry for my english.