vpn for china

So I've found myself in Shijiazhuang in China and will be here till the 12th June. I can't access youtube or google and I just wondered if anyone might know a decent vpn software to get around the Great Wall.

I downloaded one from cnet but it didn't register and installed some other crap I didn't want. Is there a reliable recommendation or is there no hope of getting normal access here?

Hello Merser

In the past when I have been deployed to places that restrict access I have used HMA (Hide My A$$) VPN service. It is a pay service, very reasonable and you can pay for as little as 30 days, and I have had great success with them. I cannot guarantee that it will work from your present location as I have never tried it from there.

Good Luck!

Don

Thanks guys I will those a try

Thanks guys I will give those a try. I have access on my phone thanks to roaming but 50mb a day isn’t enough to do anything.
I tried downloading Astrill but the connection keeps getting reset. I think the unblocking website is being blocked. I will save up my roaming data and download it with that.
Much appreciated for the suggestions.