Use extension cables

Yes, I know that this is very, very basic, now that people here are making robots that flies into space, stereo vision, multi core and all.. But I just did this so often, and thought that I should really share this, so here goes:

Picaxe can use standard 3.5mm audio extension cables!

There! :)

I doubt it

As fas as I know, USB /and any other fast digital signal/ signal must be protected from influences, that’s why in original cables, signal travels by a twisted pair of wires.

Some audio 3.5mm audio extension cables don’t use twisted pair of wires to transmit their signal, so in theory, long cables WILL create issues with the connection. It’s not recommended to do it! 

I don’t know if the signal that travels into the picaxe jack is pure USB or TTL converted by the cable, but either way, I do not think it’s a good idea /in theory/ to pass this signal along non-twisted pair of wires.

Well, it works fine :slight_smile:
Well, it works fine :slight_smile:

That’s good to know.

One of the things that pi55 me off, is having to unplug all the time just to test a small bit of code.

Cheers.

I’ve used one on my robot. I

I’ve used one on my robot. I didn’t even think there would be an issue with it. It all works fine for me though. Thanks for letting me know I haven’t done anything wrong Frits, after all I often do make mistakes.