URM04 How dust, luminosity and vibration afect measurements?

Hi!
I’m planning on using URM04 sensors to control an aircraft maintenance platform.
I would like to know how dust (for example when the aircraft is being painted), luminosity and vibrations affect measurements.

Thank you in advance!

Are you speaking about the over spray that will most likely accumulate on the actual sensor area? Having spent a lot of time prepping military aircraft for paint, I can say that between the particles from sanding, priming and painting that the sensor will probably become impregnated with debris. Hangers are full of dust in general and the sensor you’re speaking about has a max range of approximately 16 feet.

How do you plan on using the sensor? Are you building an automated spray booth?

1 Like

Hi!
Thank you for your reply!
Yes. I assumed that I would need to clean the sensors’ lens regularly. However, I would like to know if this environment makes those sensors not suitable for this project.
And no, I’m not building an automated spray booth.

1 Like

@maria_noronha_costa

I tried looking through the user manual, but there is nothing noted for particles per square inch or light/sound refraction due to particles. I’m assuming that someone here knows more than me… I only commented because I am intimately familiar with aircraft maintenance procedures and having a hanger as an office.

1 Like