Uploading programme

gold.jpg (46714Bytes)

I have almost done making my first robot.bt before that i still have a lot of ques to ask.

one of it is whenever I upload programme.My robot seems to working fine.But after some time (it can be one day or one hour) it starts malfunctioning.if i reupload the programme then it is back to normal again.Can anybody tell me what could possibly doing this.and i am using atmega 168 in arduino s3v3.

i'm soon going to post my works.and i could never have done it without LMR.lots of thanks

Sounds like a brown out

Sounds like a brown out detection problem. The internal Program Flash, EEPROM, SRAM register can be corrupted when the processor is running on low voltage. To protect the processor from this kind of malfunction a brown detection circuit has been used, But it must be programmed correctly via the fuse bits.

What supply voltage are you using? Which processor mega168, mega168P, mega168A? Do you have an ISP programmer?

thanks again sir.i am using

thanks again sir.i am using approx 8.14 to8.23 voltage on it’s 9v input.

and i dont know if it is 168 or 168P or 168A.but it is written on the chip atmega 168 - 20 PU.does that make any sense?

and thanks for that simple timer mail sir

and donot have a ISP

and donot have a ISP programmer.i think i have to buy one

Query

Is the 9v powering the whole robot? If so, 9v batteries are not meant for high current draw. Motors draw a good deal of current. If you are only using the 9v, you should switch to a pack of 4 AA alkalines(not great) or 6 AA rechargeables. You can check wikipedia for more specific numbers, but, 9v offers about 800 mAh, AA alkalines offer about 1000 mAh, and AA rechargeables offer about 2600 mAh. Those numbers are just rough and more for example that set in stone. What they mean is a 9v can offer about 800 mA for an hour, alkalines about 1 A for an hour, and rechargeables about 2.6 A for an hour. Still those are just rough numbers for example. Hopefully though, you understand that your 9v just can’t provide the amount of current that a robot will need for any serious amount of time.

Thanks for the reply

Thanks for the reply birdmun.

I checked that already.I am using my SLR cameras battery.LI-ion.1200amp-h.and the robot is fine with that.I had once posted for what battery i might use.and krumlink gave me the right path.so battery is’nt a problem I think.What bothers me right now is that every day i have to reupload this programme again and again to my board even i have finished my robot.I will be waiting if you can find any solution.

I have just posted the block

I have just posted the block diagram.is there anything wrong?