Unfinished Projects

I was looking through the Robots section on this website. I noticed a lot of posts (mostly old) of never started robot projects. These have pictures of parts, or hand drawn concept pictures, etc but the finished product never got completed for whatever reason.

I think we should take a week or two as a group and make posts on these projects to try and inspire these builders to actually build them. Or at least build something. I know I have started on projects and lost interest. But I always build something, and complete the majority of what I start. Maybe we can provide some inspiration!

Just my opinion.

Most of the times is because of lack of free time .

I’m not pointing

I’m not pointing fingers…I too have not completed my fair share of projects.

I’m just trying to motivate and help inspire others.

There’s a cool thing that happens on LMR, its the “accidental inspiration”.

An amazing example is Frits drum robot.

He made one. The video spoke to everyone’s inner child. Then like 20+ have been built since.

I don’t have any culture changing robot ideas like he does, so I’m doing what I can.

Its what old guys do!  -LOL

The point is that her (like

The point is that her (like in many other forums/communities) sign up people and then forget about it. Either it’s a time issu or just lack of interest after encountering some difficulties but that’s true. There are people with the “zapping” fingers (like the ones switching TV channels the whole evening) and then some with the passion to keep going with what they have started. 

What I wish is that the projects which put in “pending” or canceled are marked as that so we can see if it’s worth to keep posting. It’s not productive to write comments/questions/suggestions to people who are even not read it or dropped the email address whcih was used for the registration.

I understand what you are trying myblack60impala but sometimes it’s just non-productive to bump projects which are dead for years.

Yeah perhaps I’m reaching

Yeah perhaps I’m reaching too far. It was a good idea though…I’m always trying to give back to the hobby that gave me so much.

Me, I’m kind like CC in that I’m always messing with my stuff, few if any projects are ever truly done.

I see your noble intention

I see your noble intention and I am also tended to do so but with my limited time I need to focus :wink:

LMR inspired me a lot and I will give back as much as i can to this community. I also did not finish all my projects but if so I will make it or write an update message the the people know about.