Um7 orientation sensor

hello, I’m using a um7 orientation sensor to measure the angle from the gyro using Arduino, but it doesn’t seem to work. Are there any libraries that i must add to Arduino or are there any example codes?

Hi there,

I don’t believe that connecting this sensor to an Arduino is something that will be as easy as plug and play.

Here are the Communication specifications:

• Output data:
    • Attitude and heading (Euler angles)
    • Attitude quaternion
    • magnetometer, accelerometer, gyro data
    • GPS altitude, position, velocity (with optional external GPS)
  • 3.3 V TTL serial interface (UART) with baud rates up to 921,600 bps can stream data or provide updates on request
    • Note: the main UART pins, TX, and RX, are 5V-tolerant and can be directly connected to 5 V systems that are guaranteed to read 3.3 V as high
  • Transmits data using human-readable NMEA strings (up to 100 Hz broadcast), binary packets for higher efficiency (up to 255 Hz broadcast), or a combination of both
  • Flexible communication architecture allows UM7 to transmit any combination of data at individually adjustable rates
  • Connects to the Redshift Serial Interface software to allow for real-time plotting of sensor data, logging, device configuration, and magnetometer calibration
  • SPI interface available through expansion connector

Additional information:
You can use a general-purpose USB-to-TTL-serial adapter, such as the CP2104 carrier, to connect the UM7 to your computer. You can then use the Redshift Serial Interface (available in the “Resources” tab) to configure the sensor, and view and log data in real-time.