U-Channel - flanged bearing

I have a 6mm D-Shaft I’ll be using to rotate a monitor. I’d like to run the D-shaft through some a U-channel to provide support and take the weight off the motor shaft.

Which flanged bearings should I match with U-Channel. It seems that the Actobotic channel has a 0.5" hole where as the bearings I can find in the shop here have a 12mm OD. Servo City make a 1/2" to 12mm reducer (#633142) but I can’t find that here. Is there a different brand of U-Channel on here that has a 12mm hole?

Help! Thank you.

Hello @cenders,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

Unfortunately, we don’t have any U channels with 12mm hole.

We suggest re-adjusting your configuration according to the available options.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll adjust to use 1/4" D-shaft with a 1/4" to 6mm adapter.

Can you suggest how one might go about mounting this motor 4632WG-370CA-340 12v (https://www.robotshop.com/en/12v-18rpm-reversible-high-torque-worm-gear-dc-motor.html) to the Actobotics U-Channel so the shaft is centered through the 0.5" opening? I’m guessing I’ll have to come up with a mounting plate on my own…

Hello @cenders,

Thank you for your reply.

You will need to create a special mounting plate with the mounting pattern of the motor and the U-Channel together to fix the motor easily to the channel.

Otherwise, you can use a ServoCity motor that would have the same U channel mounting pattern and connect it directly to the channel.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,

1 Like