Turpis the robot

Did you check/change the com
Did you check/change the com port setting? I know you do this for USB, but not sure with seriel.

How?

I’m not sure what you mean. Can you explain?

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us… -Marianne Williamson

http://letsmakerobots.com/nod

https://www.robotshop.com/letsmakerobots/node/710#comment-1777

In the options of the editor
In the options of the editor - make sure the Com port is right…

1s and 0s
The Com port is how the 1’s and 0s which make up your program get sent to the Pic. Many computers have several com ports and several USB ports (which can pretend to be Com ports). If you have your Pic plugged into Com2 or USB, then there’s no point in your software talking to Com1. Also, the communications setting need to be correct. This includes things like the speed the com port talks at, number of bits per byte, error checking, and handshaking. Don’t panic at the fancy terms. Just read the manual for the Pic. It will tell you the settings.

Binary, help please

I’ve read that virtually all programs that run on your computer are binary, and I finally tricked my computer into downloading the code. However, nothing’s happening. I’ve unplugged and pluged back in the power several times. What do I do?

P.S. They didn’t give me the manual. Only a chip.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us… -Marianne Williamson

Internet
Download the manual. I think we may have a "running before we can walk" scenario here. Have you tried programming the chip to flash an LED?

I got the datasheet, which

I got the datasheet, which wasn’t extremely detailed. I have a little experience programing with the BASIC Stamp, but none with picaxe. That’s why I’m using Frits’s code. Honestly, I wouldn’t know how to flash and LED with that program.
Thanks,
Brennon
P.S. Did your old signature use to be “God Created the Integers”? I saw that book today. I’m reading his other book Theory of Everything. :slight_smile:

Signature

Yes, it did. I think I even gave the name of the person who uttered the phrase.

I’m thinking of changing it to: “Be patient. God’s not quite finished with me yet.”