Tupperware

Can anyone recommend where I can get Tupperware containers online? See, I’m working on a couple robot projects, and I was hoping to use a simple tupperware container as the robot chasis.

Get Gladware its thinner but
Get Gladware its thinner but 10 times cheaper. You can get them at any grocery store. If it is too flimsy stack 2 together.

skip that brand

Tupperware is FANTASTIC for keeping your groceries fresh, and cost 3-10 times as much as the competition. So if you’re not in desperate need to keep your guacamole green, go for another cheap brand.

Looking in any $0.99 store, they always have some sort of plastic food containers. Typing “plastic food containers” into Ebay lots of hits, many of them for IKEA stuff, so maybe Ikea is worth a look.

My favorites at tne moment at small white boxes used by farmacies to ship bottles of injection fluid in. Every time I’m in a farmacy or a doctors office (having an allergic kid adds to the frequency) I ask for them. Usually the whitecoats aren’t to eager about giving it away, but when I explain that I need it to keep some order in all my robot parts, they realize that I’m a harmless nerd and give me plenty.

They come in different sizes, but the smallest ones fits 13 AA batteries stacked tight.

/ vzz-clck-“Maneuver”

uhm i think they are too
uhm i think they are too flexible to make a solid robot… I would go for something else instead. I’m using syntetic glass, but if you’re not into sawing, you could use some other kind of plastic containers. I have some generic containers for small parts (ie nuts and bolts or such) purchased at an hardware store for a couple of euros, and they’re quite strong. I can post a picture if needed :slight_smile:

Cheapy food containers work as robot covers
Complete with M&M tube motor holder, check out David Cooks Sandwich robots