Trying to use SSC 32 with C #

Trying to use SSC 32 with C #

Hello everyone, I am building a robot and I have connected my 2x12 saber to my SSC32 and I am trying to send commands for the movements of the motors from a WindowsForms application, I am trying in many ways but it does not work. I hope someone can help me, I leave here the code that I am using. Thanks.

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Threading.Tasks;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using System.IO.Ports;

namespace WindowsFormsApp2
{
    public partial class Form1 : Form
    {
        SerialPort port = new SerialPort();

public Form1()
        {
            InitializeComponent();

port.BaudRate = 115200;
            port.PortName = "COM6";
            port.Parity = Parity.None;
            port.DataBits = 8;
            port.StopBits = StopBits.One;
            port.Open();
        }

private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {

}

private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            port.WriteLine("#1 P1800 T500 <cr>");

}
    }
}
1 Like

@Daviron28zgz Welcome to the RobotShop Community.

1. Can you confirm that you removed the center red wire from the Sabertooth’s two RC connectors? These PROVIDE VS (servo voltage) which would conflict with the SSC-32U’s 5V rail

2. You can replace with \r and you don’t need the spaced between each.

3. Would need to give it some thought, but try without the T (time) modifier command, so just #1P1800\r

4. The SSC-32U’s default baud rate is not 115200, it’s 9600. You need to change the baud rate physically to 115200. See page 34:
    http://www.lynxmotion.com/images/data/lynxmotion_ssc-32u_usb_user_guide.pdf

5. This of course assumes you have a proper battery connected to the Sabertooth, as well as motor(s), and that the RC connectors go to the right pins on the SSC-32U in the right orientation.

1 Like

Hey @Daviron28zgz,

Welcome to the RobotShop community!

You may want to check the example found here. While it is in VB.NET (and not C#), both languages are equivalents in .NET and thus you can use any of the online converters (or maybe even in VS directly) to convert the VB.NET into C# code.

That being said, the example is pretty straight forward and should give you a good starting point.

Sincerely,

Thanks¡¡¡ but I think that today it has burned my Sabertooth 2x12…

wow…too much things i didn´t know…thanks¡¡

The SSC-32U would not have burned the Sabertooth (it should only be sending commands). The issue might be the conflict in powering VS and the Sabertooth’s 5V output.

2 Likes