Total beginner: Which armed robot kit to buy, that you can easily modify?

Hi! I’m looking for recomendations and help for an affordable armed robot kit. I see there’s a few cheap armed kits, that have a graple arm. I’m having a hard time with the information overflow to find out which one of these could be easy for a beginner to modify into having a vacuum (or maybe suction?) part on the arm instead. Theoretical learning is not my strong point, so I’d very much would love someone to point out a kit to do this with and what I’d need to buy for it, and then learn doing it once I got it.

Any help appriciated.

1 Like

Hi @Zomise and welcome to our forum.

I wouldn’t go into much details, but there are already some robotic arms that RobotShop sell which already have suction cup included.

There are some simple and cheap ones like these two:

And there are some more complex and expensive like these:

I don’t know if these can suit you regarding your plans and budget?

1 Like

Thank you for replying! The cheap option there doesn’t actually have a suction cup for the arm, but only 4 suction cups to keep it in place on the table. Then the others are quite a bit too pricey.

But since these are kits, so I was wondering if there’s some relatively easy way to take a kit and modify it to have that function? Or is it a question of that just not being an option in the 100 euro range?

Edit. Ok apparently got to pay more, which is fine.

I found this: https://eu.robotshop.com/products/uarm-swift-standard-4-degrees-of-freedom-metal-robotic-arm

But that one is discontinued. I can’t find a newer model or anything like it from the EU shop… :frowning: Well other than the one you linked, and that one is above 800 €, which is rather too much for me.

I’ll keep dreaming.

1 Like

Hi again @Zomise.

You are correct, my mistake. That cheap robotic arm has suction cups as feet and not as a tooling.

Nevertheless, if you want inexpensive solution for a suction cup, maybe this can work for you:

Now, you can just choose a small and inexpensive robotic arm that could carry this kit.

Here are Robotic Arms and Grippers from RobotShop sorted from cheapest to most expensive ones:

1 Like