The Ultimate Guide to DIY Animatronics by Steve Koci - Review

If you always wanted to learn more about the art of animatronics, you're in luck. Steve Koci, a master in the field, wrote a book based on a series of articles he wrote for SERVO magazine, The Ultimate Guide to DIY Animatronics. What can you expect from his book? Here is my review!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/blog/show/the-ultimate-guide-to-diy-animatronics-by-steve-koci-review

I’ll buy it!

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words! Book 2 is in the works and I always appreciate comments and suggestions.
The plan is for the next book to be a companion to this one. It will have some more advanced concepts but since there is interest is more beginner projects, I will be sure to add a selection of those as well.
If you have any other things that you would like to see included, please post a comment and let me know. I’ll see what I can do!
Steve
AKA Halstaff

2 Likes

Wow Steve, thanks for the update and comment!

I’m currently working on an ‘‘animatronic’’ robot and I’m starting with the head of the robot.
This will come really handy!

1 Like

Please post photos! Would love to see your progress.

1 Like

Sure, as soon as I have something interesting to show, I’ll post the progress of the project.

I’m currently testing the sequences for the movements of different servos for the ears and head on a Pan/Tilt system.