The Turbot

So. The Mrs. gave me the Turbot Tumbling Robot from Solarbotics for Christmas.

It's a xenomorph/light-chaser that has a weird construction. It has a triangular body with the two motorshafts mounted at a 90 degrees angle, instead of wheels it has two pieces of bent wire. Very Mark Tildensk. This construction makes it tumble along in a *cough* entertaining way *cough*... To make a point, nobody has bothered to post a video of one on youtube, that's how interesting it is.

Now what? I have to build it, if not I'll never hear the end of it. All you married guys out here can nod your heads affirmatively. But does any of you have any clever idea of anything actually fun to do with it? Yes I can use the standard solarbotics motors and some other parts for other projects. But is there any way to sort of make the original project, then develope it into anything... anything... I dont know... -else?

All that is needed

is the right musical score. That video shall be interesting. Promised!

8ik

Kari and I have a pact…

We decided long ago that Kari is not allowed to buy me tools for this very reason… I am a professional carpenter and I would say 90% of the “for Dad” stuff sold at Christmas is total CRAP!! --But c’mon, wives don’t know this. So to solve this, NO TOOLS -I’ll buy them myself, thank you. Really, do I need some sorta crappy $19.95 laser line thing that sticks to the wall to hang pictures with?

It seems you are in the thick of it, I suggest build it… then a small part gets “broken”… and then you can tell your wife how cool it is that you can still use the rest of the parts for other things!

Just build it
and keep it as an ornament on your desk or something as an ornament. Then if she says anything you can hit her with the line "It reminds me of you while im working away on my creations", instant steak and bj night.