The Replicated Hand - Prototype 1 (TRH-P1)

Long overdue update!

Hi everybody. My sincere apologies for neglecting this post and not having updated it yet. Quite a few things have been happening in the real world. :wink:

My studies and project are now complete, admittedly the hand still needs some decent programming to get coordinated moves out of it. I’m working on an overall update on the completed project and hope to post it soon. I want to thank you all for the help you provided in the circuitry, etc. I also hope to start working on the second prototype in the near future and will post to this site when I do.

Quite a mouthful…

Sorry for the VERY late reply…

My real name is actually Cobus, Xabel is just an internet alias I use. The project is just about finished now, still needs a decent control programme. But overall things worked out quite well. The mechanism worked as planned and it was a great proof of concept. With better build materials I think this can work. I also did quite a few experiments on the motors/actuators and they seem to be up to the job to flex the muscles (I’ll post some technical details later).

But there were quite a few design flaws (as I’m sure there is with all first prototypes), the most notable was that some of the tendons don’t move as freely as they should, thereby restricting the movement in some parts. And a few other things. Like I said, I’m working on an overall update for this project and will post it soon. Thanks for all your help Samuel. Much appreciated.

RepRap

Have you ever thought of building a RepRap machine?
They seem to have progressed a bit since the last time I visited them…

3D model

Good day Buy into a 3D model files + shipping CD / DVD How many dollars it would cost 3D Model + shipping Please write the account number where do I send money [email protected]

It did cross my mind…

I have thought of building a RepRap machine, but I don’t think I’ll be using it for making a future prototype hand. Even the professionally printed ABS that I used had some structural weakness and some of the knuckles broke. I don’t know what the strength of RepRap printed materials are. For the next prototype I’ll fork out some more money and try to get it done in Selective Laser Sintering (SLS), maybe polycarbonate for the second prototype and a metal for the third prototype. This will give it more strength for real world applications, compared to Fused Deposition Modelling (FDM), which appeared to be slightly porous and was brittle, dependent on the orientation of the layers. I think SLS also offers more accuracy in parts.

But I definitely still want to build a RepRap for some other stuff later on. It’s too cool not to try. :smiley:

CAD Files

Hi Radek, I’ve posted links for the files in the updated post. Help yourself.

:wink:

its awesome…is a video

its awesome…

is a video possible ?..

I’ll try…

Thanks!

I’ll try to get around making a video, sure. But it won’t be anytime soon. If I’ve figured out a bit more on the programming and get some decent moves out of him I’ll share with you all. :wink:

3D CAD MODEL - SolidWorks
Good day

I was very pleased location 3d model
Should I still question whether it would be possible to add a 3D data in its original format Solid Edge
The original files would be better because I use SolidWorks

Thank you in advance

Kudos! :slight_smile:

Wow, I’m impressed! :slight_smile: Keep up the good work!

Let me know if you need any help with electronics, specifically a custom embedded system for controlling it.

Aaron

Thanks!

Thank you :smiley: I’ll keep that offer in mind.

WOW!! Its awesome!!

WOW!! Its awesome!!

Really amazing, outstanding

Really amazing, outstanding work. Post that video, dude :slight_smile: Make sure to have sound on / not music, I really want to hear how this sounds :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot!

Student version

I created the files using a student version of Solid Edge and as a result it cannot be opened in a commercial version. I’ve tried and imported the stl files into SolidWorks and they work fine. The stl files are also a more universal standard and ready for 3D printing if someone wishes to do so.

**Solid Edge **
Good day
I would like to ask if you have time to upload the original files, Solid Edge
I am interested in the original files for additional treatment models
I downloaded a program Solid Edge
Therefore, very please upload the original files

What for?

You are quite adamant. What exactly do you need the original files for? What do you plan on doing with the models anyway? Have you even looked at the stl files?

Beautiful. I am trying to

Beautiful. I am trying to get into a Biomechanics Minor at my University and stuff like this is right up my alley :wink:

Good day
I am interested in

Good day
I am interested in the original files for additional treatment models -
files .par Solid Edge

STL file is comprised of polygon - inappropriate to change the model

The model I plan to modify - dimensions, size and fingertips for better grip objects

Wow. This is pretty neat.

Wow. This is pretty neat.

Good day _Sorry to bother

Good day 

Sorry to bother you, but I’d like to ask how it looks with those files

I tried to convert the STL file into another 3D CAD file, but without success, plus the data size increases much

Can you please upload the original files on the internet Solid Edge  .par or IGES file type 

Please respond - the model files I have great interest