The Quadruped Scorpion

Hi Guys, well i managed to start another quadruped project and here is a sneaky peak:

Using the MSR-H01 Chassis kit that arrived today, i have created the quadruped scorpion by reversing the chassis head-tail to give me two mounting holes for grippers.

ENJOY*>>>*
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/innerbreed/100_1417.jpg

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/innerbreed/100_1418.jpg

Tail design! you can see it still needs the end section.
this is just an idea and i will be changing this to use the micro brackets!
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/innerbreed/100_1419.jpg

also the front grippers will be change. only shown like this as an example of idea.

Feedback and ideas welcome.

MSR-H01 chassis? How come I can’ find it under “chassis and accessories”?

But I’m wondering if you still won’t have a problem. I’m suggesting that the feet are spaced basically square, which from my experiments seems to indicate that it’s going to be rough taking steps.

Maybe think horses, cats and dogs?

Alan KM6VV

hi alan.

MSR-H01 = not Lynxmotion:
hexapodrobot.com/index.html

90º spaced leg gaits can work. here is an example:
**(not my video) **
youtube.com/watch?v=2bVvIXLe1pY

there are many other quad like this that work using this config.
to get the side to side body moves while walking i intend to use this code:

;Walking TransitionX table: written by Zenta '-10=118 10=138 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 TransitionX bytetable 128,118,118,118,138,138,138,138,138,138,138,118,118,118,118

BodyPosX = (TransitionX(GaitStep))-128

Hi Jonny,

I didn’t even think of looking elsewhere for a chassis. I should have recognized it! Thanks for the URL.

Interesting video! Look at that swagger! That explains how the 'bot can walk with that leg distribution. Good find!

What is the TransitionX table in Zenta’s code, something new? I don’t think I’ve seen it before.

Maybe after I get this bot I’m working on shipped, I can get back to making a new chassis out of aluminum, and trying out some poses.

What are you doing with your STALKER 'quad? Can you make it swagger also?

Alan KM6VV
P.S. Scorpions have 8 legs, I think!

Correct scorpions do have eight but this is robotics and anything can happen. Matt denton made a 6 legged turtle for one of the harry potter films. The x tran is from zentas felix. You can see its effects in his video.

right! Four legs it is!

Looking at your chassis, with the built-in head horn location, and it makes me thin I need a way to add a head to my chassis! No material left for the extra servo horn, so I’m still thinking how to do it.

Alan KM6VV

I love that design! What did you use to cut the chassis? Scroll saw?

hi, thanks for joining this thread.

chassis can be found here. i beleive they cut it using high pressure water.

hexapodrobot.com/products/ro … R-H01.html

Origionally for the Hexapod MSR-H01.

Nice design!

But please don’t tell me you’re dropping the STALKER project! :frowning:

Yeah, I would finish the stalker bot. If you don’t, you might end up never finishing any project.

Sorry guys… Guilty! :smiling_imp:
it lays in the SES Grave yard!
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd355/innerbreed/100_1422.jpg

Were you able to buy the chassis separate (I didn’t find one), or the whole kit?

LM’s Phoenix for a chassis and Tibias is only $85… (thinking)

Alan KM6VV

I spoke with matt about buying parts from the kit, but he cant really do that yet as the whole kit is cut at once and selling off parts would only leave him with the other spares. You may have be purchase the while kit, without servos etc. It might be worth talking to him to c if he has any spares in the workshop. You never know. Anyway its always nice to have spares of your own. :slight_smile:

DUDE!

Uuh…

:open_mouth:

:question:

speechless…

This really is a pitty! You’ve inspired me and many more bot builders with the stalker design! I’m a bit sad now… :cry:

Definitely a sad sight!

What a shame. The rocket that never lifted off… :open_mouth:

The choo choo that never left the station… :cry:

but with so many possibilities hay!
SES anyone?

or The legged robot that never walked!

it is a shame i know and to be honest when i look at it in bit i do think why but also i know that i have other ideas.

ok maybe i wont be able to make something so inspiring as that again, but i would like to see how its inspired.

Im obviously upsetting you all… sorry. :wink:
OK OK, lets wipe the tears… we are men! (& women)…

Quadruped Scorpion…?
LOL.

Yeah the Scorpion idea is a good one. The tail will be needed for sure because without it, the weight of the mandibles will make it nose heavy. If you can make the tail tilt-able (<------>) , you might be able to shift the weight to one side or the other when one leg is lifted.

We may have to do an in-house version of the Stalker one day. The bendy tubes provides the real challenge for us. When we have our quadruped kit walking it’d be a nice transition.

this is good news for me. :wink:
i bent the tubes using an internal pipe bending spring (used for plumbing) and bent them round a break disc! a bit amiture but it worked a treat.

of course i experimented with different ways but this was the quickest with good results.

i like the tail idea. i might try this.