The journey of the "Three Axis Low-g Digital Output Accelerometer"

Finally!!

Today FedEx came to knock to my door...And here it is! My three axis accellerometer!

Indeed, I forgot that I asked it as a sample a few months ago. It has made a looooong journey to come to me (from YUEN LONG, to be exact):

So this is package that i received:

DSC_4327.jpg

Seeing this BIG package I thought: “Wow, it’s really a BIG accelerometer…”. But, inside, there was a surprise: a letter!

DSC_4328.jpg

Ah, nooo, not only a letter…but also an anti-static plastic bag:

DSC_4329.jpg

And yehaa…in the bag there is a box, of course…

DSC_4330.jpg

Ok, now,seriusly, I thought (hoped!) that I arrived to the see the accelerometer…and, I was right…it was inside the black plastic box:

DSC_4331.jpg

Yesssss! You can see it…it’s the tiny small black box in the middle of the pink sponge!!! AAAAAAAAH! It’s so cute!..And so useless!!! I will never manage to put wires on that thing! Look at the close up: size comparison with a pen tip!

DSC_4333.jpg

So, in the end, what I learned from this story:

ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS CHECK THE PACKAGE TYPE OF YOUR ICs ON THE DATASHEET BEFORE ORDERING (even if it a free sample!!!)

The SAD part of the story is that I feel very bad for this order: a lot of money, paper, plastic, fuel (plane, car, etc…), sponge havee been wasted due to this shipment…It was really bad for our poor Planet.

To compensate for all the CO2 that I caused to be introduced in the atmosphere due to this shipment I think that I will not use my car for at least a month…

Really really sad… :frowning:

P.S.: I forgot to mention that in the anti-static bag there was ALSO a silica bag (on the right in the following picture). I wonder the percentage of “usefull” material compared to “useless” waste material in this picture: the acellerometer is always the small “bug” on the pink foam!!

DSC_4334.jpg

Dont feel bad, the story was
Dont feel bad, the story was worth it.