T.V Remote Controlled Robot

--->TV Remote Controlling of Robot is the ability which helps us to operate the robot from anywhere in range of remote’s IR.

--->The movement of Robot controlled by pressing the numbers on the remote.

--->Hardware Implementation

--->To implement your hardware you will need the components:

1. Robo  Logic Generator 
  2. TV Remote Sensor 
  3. DC Motor 
  4. Tyre 
  5. Chassis 
  6. Nut’s and Bolt’s

1. Logic Generator

--->Main Components:

1. Pin Head  as Voltage Input Pin’s:

These pins are used to provide the power input to the Robo Logic Generator.

Where the + sign marked terminal indicates the Positive(+ive) Terminal of Robo Logic Generator  and  - sign marked terminal indicates the ground Terminal of Robo Logic Generator .

2. Push To On Switch :

A Push Switch or Push to make switch, allows electricity to flow between its two contacts when it is pressed. When the button is released, the circuit is broken.

3. Voltage Regulator (IC : 7805 ):

A voltage regulator is an electronic Device that controls the output voltage to a specific value.

2. RC decoder

--->TV Remote Receiver have TSOP to receive the IR signals from the TV remote and decode them.

--->TSOP refers to Thin Small Outline Package, it's a surface-mount memory packaging from Intel. 

--->The TSOP Sensor is a miniaturized receiver for infrared remote control systems. PIN diode and preamplifier are assembled on lead frame, the epoxy package is designed as IR filter. The demodulated output signal can directly be decoded by a microprocessor. TSOP is the standard IR remote control receiver series, supporting all major transmission codes. These modules require the incoming data to be 

--->modulated at a particular frequency and would ignore any other IR signals. It is also immune to ambient IR light, so one can easily use these sensors outdoors or under heavily lit conditions.

--->TSOP receives the IR signals from the TV Remote and delivered it to the microcontroller assembled on the Receiver PCB. The microcontroller used is AT89C2051; a low-voltage, high-performance CMOS 8-bit microcomputer with 2K bytes of Flash programmable and erasable read-only memory (PEROM).

--->This microcontroller is programmed to operate the motors according to the received signals from TV Remote. The output goes to the D0, D1, D2 and D3 pins of the Receiver PCB. The Robo-logic generator now gets the input from the TV Remote receiver’s output pins and operate the Robot.

Working

--->The Robot is operate by pressing the numbers on the Remote given.

The movement of Robot is depends on the following numbers:

2 Forward

5 Stop

8 Backward

4 Left

6 Right

If you have any problems to build this robot ask me... :)

Good Luck... :)

Controlled by T.V Remote

• Control method: T.V REMOTE
  • Power source: 12 Volt battery
  • Sensors / input devices: RC decoder, logic generator
  • Target environment: Indoors is best

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/t-v-remote-controlled-robot

Pinched

Cool idea. I was looking for “the next step” for my Generic 2WD rover" but i know i have a spare IR remote, and also some IR detectors knocking around in my parts bin.

I think i may well have a go at this next!