T-Hex 3 with BBDuino/SSC-32u/PS2

Thought I would mention, that I have been playing around with my T-Hex 3 now with a different set of electronics. In particular I have the SSC-32u prototype that is being driven by a BBDuino 8)

The SSC-32u is the one from the post (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8296&start=6)

I now have it walking and the like, using most of Zenta’s and My’s latest phoenix code for the Arduino environment. Lots of testing is still needed… There are parts of the code that are still not functional like GP mode. Not sure if me or SSC-32, so I am still working on it…

Found a minor issue with the tutorial: lynxmotion.com/images/html/build172.htm
The pin numbers in the schematic (Step 13) does not match the code you download, nor the way mine was wired up… In particular the Front and back legs are reversed…

If anyone is interested, I could archive a version of the current code and upload it, such that you can try it out.

That is all for now!

Kurt

Not sure who (if anyone) is interested, but I updated the above code to have configurations for T-Hex 3, CH3-R and my TH4-R robots using a BotBoarduino, SSC-32 and PS2 controller.

If you are interested, the code is now up Github (kurte\BBD_SSC32_PS2).

Still needs lots of testing, need to update my CHR-3 as I think I may still have some bad servos on it.

Kurt

Wondering, do you see any new features of the SSC-32U being useful in hexapod control? I think the servo positions returned in queries is no longer truncated! 8)

I would still get a kick out of seeing some TA action some day.

It is nice simply plugging in the USB and have it talk to pc, without having to undo ttl signals. So far I am not doing much input from ssc32. Currently the code only gets info for gpseq mode and currently gp not implemented on ssc32.

I do think we may be able to extend ssc code to help support ta. Like maybe use io pins on ssc to get switch input from legs and maybe extend language to have it stop some or all servos when io state changes. This would remove all delays…

More to experiment with once all of the standard stuff is implemented…

Kurt