Suspension for 4wd UGV unmaned ground vehichle

hello i am making some small car robots from quite some times , but now my project is to make a medium size ground vehicle with dimensions around 800x600x400 mm in size and which can carry around 150-200 kg. like husky from clearpath or like this robot scout

my original idea was to make the frame using aluminium extruder and use the part of skate board for use a suspension but i feel it there will be good way than this .

i wanted to ask if there better way to put like robot suspension system like husky and scout robot did , i dont have the clear idea how to put the suspension inside the chassis , is the motor attached to the base of chassis and then the wheel connected with the coupler and then they uses some shock absorber so it can support the weight …? what the best way to make a suspension system for 4wd robot like this and while keeping in mind that the part can be obtained easily or can manufactured easily .?

@vinayastro1 Welcome to the RobotShop community! ~200Kg payload puts this robot in the same class as an electric golf cart carrying a full-sized adult and cargo. The type of shock absorption you use depends on the terrain (force of impact and travel). if you just foresee small bumps in the road, the same absorption as you would find in a golf cart or scooter would work well. Note that the air in the wheels will absorb a bit too.

2 Likes

thank for your advice , really appreciated .