SumoBot

Hi LMR members, I'm  studying my computer science degree in the Universidad del Mar in Puerto Escondido, Mexico. I've been looking your projects and I really like them, so in january i decided to buy some stuff in robotshop, and  2 weeks ago I just found out that there's gonna be a mini robotics tournment in my state, on three categories, persecution line follower, sumo and water pol, so i decided to start building a sumo bot for the competition.

Now lets stop talking and show what I've build so far.

For the body I cut an old subwoofer and star cutting some holes for the wheels and the covers.

Then I install a pair of modified Futaba s3010 servos with some lynxmotion brackets and for the wheels i chose some from my meccano toys, aftter that i build a structure for the sharp sensors with more meccano pieces, add a ballcaster, and a pair of cny70 to know where the dojo ends.

Then for the covers I cut some old Acrylic so it's not as clear as i'd like but it does its job.

I made some proofs and it hasn't enough weight and it couldn't push heavy objects because the wheels drifts, so i decide to make a cement board to add weight and get more traction. :)

Anything right now

• Actuators / output devices: 2 x Futaba modified Servos
  • CPU: Arduino Mega 2560
  • Programming language: Arduino ide
  • Sensors / input devices: 2xSharp GP2Y0A21YK0F IR sensor, 2xCny70 IR sensor
  • Target environment: Dōjō

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://community.robotshop.com/robots/show/sumobot-1