Suitable camera for person detection in low light with wider FOV

Hi,
I am looking for a suitable camera that performs well in low light as well as in regular indoor conditions. Trying to cover complete 360 deg arround the robot using a minimal number of cameras. I will be using these cameras on the Ubuntu20 system with GTX1050 on it. The camera I am looking for should have usb3.0 type connector. These cameras will be used for person detection.
I tried to find them on my own but too many options and wasn’t sure if those will be compactible for my system. Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks,

Hi @praveen290192 and welcome to the RobotShop community!

There are lots of options but not many work for a wide FOV and low light conditions for example:

Those two have a wide field of vies but don’t necessarily work for night vision.

However, there is a version of the second one with IR LEDs for night vision

All of those modules can be used with this shield:

Arducam also offers a Low Light Wide Angle Camera Module (B0202) but it only supports USB2.0 and is currently out of stock.

And here’s other module from a different manufacturer that might work for your application:

I hope that helps, good luck with your project!

1 Like

What is the main processor of your project? Arduino, Raspberry pi ,ESP32 or anything else?