Starter Robot Question

Howdy! I've been working on my "Start here" robot. I've not yet got a distance sensor (I am instead using a light sensor to take two readings moments apart, generate random numbers from them, and then compare those two so as to travel at random.) I do have a servo, but I have been enjoying having it play sounds through a speaker. Now, that being said, I'd like to hook up the servo, but A.) don't have the 330r DIL chip, and B) don't want to take out the darlington. 

My question boils down to; is it possible to wire a servo with a resistor inline to one of the input ports on the picake, set it to output and operate both speaker and servo without worrying about one messing with the other? Am I correct in thinking that only the 8 default outputs go through the darlington? Would the inline resistor go through the central wire, not ground or 5v? Finally, how significant is the resistance of the resistor going to the servo (IE: 330r or 3k going to make a difference?)

Quite a mouthful I realize. It's been a delight to get involved in this field and any help would be wonderful!

Thanks in advance.

Oh I wouldn’t say that.
Oh I wouldn’t say that. Thought I’d put something fun on there like a light, until I can get a sensor.
I’ll check the pin out diagrams, but I think the 28x1 can’t use analog for output, just input. I do think the 28x2 can, but my little bot has the slightly older brain.

If the grounds on the input

If the grounds on the input row go to 10k, could I wire the ground on the servo into a nearby ground? Say, on the analog row? Circuitous way of approaching it I realize, but I feel like it should work, no?

Looking at the diagram now I

Looking at the diagram now I see that the input pins themselves go through the ground. That being the case, couldn’t one wire a servo directly, since the signal line would already be going through that ground?

Aaand turns out the inputs

Aaand turns out the inputs can only be reconfigured as low/high, servo command isn’t recognized. Ah well.