Start off by learning Arduino?

Hello everyone!

I’ll start off with a quick introduction :]
I’m a second year Engineering/Mechatronics student and i’m currently working on a Festo Pneumatic rig that detects, measures and sorts objects. the programming used for this is Simatic Manager, tho i’m quite sure the programming of your robots is far more complicated then Simatic! P:

I’m also familliar with C++, and i’m able to make basic programs in it, i’ve heard this kind of programming is more in the direction of the kind that you use.
I’ve also soldered together some obstacle avoiding robots in the past hehe.

I know i’m far from being able to make the kind of robots you guys make,
so id greatly apreciate it if some of you could point me in the right direction on where to start off on learning about these kinds of things. like what kind of programming is generally used or is the best to start with as a beginner, so i can start learning how to use it.

i’m guessing you make a program, and load that program onto a board, wich connects to the servos on your robot, am i right?
if so, do you think it would be a good idea for me to start off with Arduino?

Thanks alot!

Hi , i,m just getting back in to robotics too,and have noticed that my BS2 does,nt have enough IO,s so i,m thinking the same thing but might have a few probs with it being 3.3 volt and most of my sensors are TTL 5v,
check out their forums too

so you want to scale the signal from your sensor from 5 volts to 3.3 volts?
You could use a voltage divider, This site will tell you exactly what to do :wink: goodluck!
makingthings.com/documentati … al-to-3.3v