SSC32u/VSA, programming HiTec servo movements with joystick

Hello,
I am working on a project that I have seen online for an upcoming haunted attraction. My original post can be found here:

controlling-dc-wiper-motor-with-vsa-software-t13148

I got a lot of helpful information there and learned quite a bit. I am now at the final step, and having some problems. i sent to emails to the technical support at VSA in the last 10 days and still did not get a response. I am starting to panic as I have quite a bit of time and money invested and only 2 weeks left to finish.

I am not sure if you are able to answer this question, or how familiar you are with the VSA software, but I am guessing it is a pretty well-known program so maybe someone can help me.

In brief, I am doing an animtronic skeletal organist with HiTec Motors (driven by ssc-32U) controlling up and down hand movements, sliders for left and right on the keyboard, 4 motors in his head for movement and “speaking”, a motor under his seat for back and forth rocking movement, and a 12VDC motor attached to the pedals of the pump organ for his feet movements.
I have assembly complete, i set the limits for the motors within the “device settings” drop down in VSA. I am able to get very fluid movement with the joystick when setting the limits, but when i close that box and try to “capture events” in real time, the motors do not react the same way to the joystick. It is very choppy and maybe even sensitive. They also seem to want to move on their own as I am trying to program, I am not sure if they are trying to move with the audio file? I am just flat out confused. I apologize if this is not the right place to ask the question, just Brookshire Software has not responded to me, i am in desperation mode, and i have found more help here than anywhere else.
I plan to post photos of my project right after the event as I am very pleased with how it turned out and everything I learned. Thank you very much for everything!
Dave

Hi Dave,

We will look into this issue right away and also contact the manufacturer on your behalf and try to obtain more information from them through our internal contact.

We will post again here once we have more information available.

Sincerely,

you guys are the greatest. i wasnt sure if it is an issue/setting with the software, servo board, servos themselves, or the “programmer” :wink: sooo, didnt know exactly who to ask.

Generally, if you get fluid/responsive motion in one setup and then get a different (worse) result in the same setup but with different software options (capturing events instead of setting limits), then the problem would normally be with the software and not related to the hardware / electronics. Of course, this is not always the case all the time, but it is an educated guess that usually leads to finding the problem quickly.

A post was split to a new topic: SSC32U & VSA movements are not smooth with joystick / capture