SSC32 vs other 32 channel servo controllers

I was looking at the manual of another 32-channel servo controller (I liked their 'phone app), and noticed that the command set looked ‘very familiar’. I haven’t tried the 'phone controller on the SSC-32 yet, so I’m wondering if they are compatible.

Or is a 'Phone APP coming out for the SSC-32?

Alan
KM6VV

Hey Alan,

They may very well be. Over the years there has been quite a few clones of the SSC-32 / SSC-32U.
I suggest you just try it out. Worst case, it does not work and nothing happens… :stuck_out_tongue:

We do not currently have any plans for such an app. That being said, since the SSC-32 & SSC-32U use a simple ASCII protocol, control is achieved easily with more generic apps. There are many serial control apps that allow you to map their interface to various commands. For example, we’ve used this one before to control devices by serial communication.

You can find plenty more on GooglePlay, such as these. Of course, the one your are referring too most likely has more specific things geared towards servomotor control (i.e.: less generic/more features).

Sincerely,

Looked at GooglePlay. I would like to use one of my Iphones. I suspect GooglePlay is only for Android?

I will be testing with XBee / Bluetooth when I get the modules, via LeArm app (I hope).

I can create a webpage for ESP-01, so I’m anxious to get the X-BEE footprint ESP module for the SSC-32. The web page would have only sliders, and currently communicates with an Arduino.
Alan