SSC-32U USB - Zero Pulse Width (Pulses OFF) possible?

Is it possible to turn the control pulses (PWM pulses) off? In other words, using the command:

#PST

will i be able to set the pulse with to 0 (zero)? Like this:

#3P0000S750

I want to be able to rotate the servos with my hands… And I need to remove the control pulses to do that.

Thank you very much guys.

Hi,

Any of the PWM outputs can be turn to their logical 0/1 value using the P command. For example, if you wished to turn the channel 7 to a logic ‘0’ (off, 0 V DC) and channel 9 to a logic ‘1’ (on, 5 V DC), you would send these commands:

In both of these cases, the servomotors are no longer receiving a pulse anymore (only constant/continuous DC signal). With most RC servomotors, this places them in “free” motion, where there is no longer any resistance (the motor driver shuts off).
Sincerely,

Thank you very much for the fast answer. This board does what I wanted to program a microcontroller to do, now i can use the microcontroller (along with a PC softawre) to controll the SSC-32U USB and let it do the hard job =D.

Thank you.

Hi,

We are glad this was helpful to you.

You can read more about the movement commands in the SSC-32U manual, pages 24-26.

Please note the SSC-32U also has 8 inputs that you can use, some for digital and some for analog inputs. You can read more in the SSC-32U manual, pages 32-35.

Also, we do have a simple example of controlling the SSC-32U and a AL5D robotic arm using a computer and VB.NET. You can find this example here.

We hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Cool, I read the manual… This board is really awesome, there is only one feature missing… Something to detect errors, like the CRC in the Maestro controller. The synchronized movements (that the Maestro doesn’t have) is amazing, I think I will go with the SSC. I will build the arm first, then I will buy it…

:astonished: **Thank you again… **