SSC-32U not connecting with PC (Windows 7) over USB

I cannot connect to the SSC-32U board through the USB port. Baud rates are set to 9600 on the PC and SSC-32U. Verified both. The found light on the sequencer program stays lite for a few seconds and then goes out with a time out message. I checked the COM driver on the PC and it is installed and shows the COM port as being OK. I tried a jumper across the Tx and Rx pin on the board and am not getting characters back on a terminal screen.

Power LED is solid blue. The board is jumpered as it is when shipped.

Assuming the SSC-32U’s VCP (Virtual COM Port) drivers are installed and show up under the Ports (COM & LPT) category in Device Manager, we recommend that you try the following:

A possible solution to an SSC-32U that is able to be found but display these symptoms would be to reprogram the interface chip (FT232R). Please find the steps below (see the attached images for details):

Let us know if this helps.

Sincerely,

Yea!!! Your suggested fix worked. Since I have seen this issue on a number of posts, I might suggest making it a hot link in the forum.

Thanks
Ron Perkins

Hi Ron,

Thank you for the suggestion. We are in the process of preparing a quick support page concerning typical SSC-32U issues.

Sincerely,

Hi,
I had the same problem on my Mac with Parallels and Windows 7. The software was been able to send data but receiving anything and tries to program new firmware. After following the suggested procedure everything works fine now.

Thanks for the support.