SSC-32U + Botboarduino

Hello.

I have just bought one SSC-32U and Botboarduio.

I need to control some servos using SSC-32u and programming the code with Botboarduino.

also some servos will be operated with the ps2 controller.

I cant find any code or example of comunication beetween SSC-32U and Botboarduino

I have program both boards separately but I am not eable to send comands to SSC-32U from Botboarduino

any help?

Thank you very much.

Hi,

Here are answers to your questions/comments:

Nice! Please note you can find plenty of information about the SSC-32U RB-Lyn-850] and the BotBoarduino RB-Lyn-363] on their product pages under Useful Links, such as user manuals (SSC-32U manual, BotBoarduino manual), link to code examples from the Lynxmotion GitHub (SSC-32U examples using an AL5 robotic arm, BotBoarduino examples, BotBoarduino AL5 examples with & without PS2) and assembly guides.

Will your SSC-32U control and BotBoarduino code be independent or related? Your other questions seem to indicate you wish to control the SSC-32U from the BotBoarduino.

Will those servomotors be controlled through the SSC-32U or by the BotBoarduino directly (ex: using the Arduino Servo library).

Please check the GitHub above for examples using the SSC-32U and BotBoarduino. You most likely would also want to have a look at the SSC-32U manual, pages 24-26 for details on the basic protocol to control the 32 servomotor channels.

The BotBoarduino <> SSC-32U setup is a typical application of those two boards in many of the Lynxmotion robot kits (especially in hexapods!).
There are plenty of discussions about this on the forums already, such as this and this and examples using the SSC-32U from the BotBoarduino, such as this.

Simply put, to communicate between the BotBoarduino and SSC-32U, you simply need to establish a serial connection between the two (TX/RX/GND) and use the serial protocol (see link above, SSC-32U manual, pages 24-26). You can see an example wiring in the SSC-32U manual on page 21. Actually, we greatly recommend that you read that manual completely (only ~40 pages), as it contains a lot of information (mostly point form) about the electronics and how to use them effectively in many cases (including yours).
Another section definitely worth a look is the Power sections (pages 15-17).

We hope this helps.

Sincerely,