SSC-32U and windows 7 communication

Hi, I just try the SSC-32U with one simple servo connector to port 0, VS1 = 5 Volts, connection work, data is transmitted but the servo wont moveI v got a COM PORT TIME OUT popup appear.i check in the forum, did some modification , re install the driver etc… not workingSee the attachment!and help will be appreciated.

Regards.
Meddo

Hi Meddo,

As you can read in the SSC-32U manual (page 17), the board requires around 6 V DC to be powered properly. This is due to the electronics requiring a full 5 V DC. Since the VL / VS1 power source goes through a voltage regulator before feeding into the logic circuits, this reduces the voltage a bit. Using a 5 V DC power source will provide too low a voltage to properly power the logic circuit and is probably why you are experiencing these issues.

We recommend that you connect a 6 V DC power source to the VS1 terminals, such as this wall adapter or this battery or this one.

What type of power source are you using and how much current can it provide? Could you share a picture of it?

Sincerely,

Hi scharette

I’m using a variable PS, so I put 6.V on the board and still got a Com port time Out,

Regards,

Meddo

Hi Meddo,

Please provide us with one or more pictures clearly showing all jumpers and connections to the SSC-32U.

Also include any other details about your setup of the steps you have taken up to now that could be relevant to this issue.

Sincerely,

here’s a link to a video of the board etc.

ssc-32U

also I notice that in calibrate mode the Com Port Time Out doesn’t occur but the servo don’t move.

Regards,

Meddo

Hi,

We are currently investigating your issue and we will get back to you soon with more information.

In the meantime, please let us know if you have any other information concerning this situation.

Sincerely,

Hi,

We have verified your setup in the video and everything seems to be fine. Assuming you have the right COM port, then a likely explanation for your issue would be one of the following:

]Faulty or incompatible USB cable/:m]
]Faulty or incompatible USB hub (if you are using one)/:m]
]Faulty or incompatible USB port/:m]
Please try the device and software with an alternative USB cable, without a USB hub (if you are using one, even if it is on your screen/keyboard etc.) and also try different ports on your computer.
It has happen in the past that some customers had issues with USB cables/hubs/ports and simply changing to a different one made the timeout/power cycle issue go away.

Sincerely,

Well, I try every thing ( changing) , ports, cable, motor, and event computeur, same message,

Not working.

regards,

Meddo

Hi,

Is there any other information you can provide us about your Windows 7 installation / setup and other software installed that could be interacting with the communication / preventing it?

Also, are you certain you are using the right COM port? When you plug/unplug the SSC-32U from the computer’s USB port, what is the COM port number that shows up/disappears under Device Manager?

We will continue to try and figure out the issue/the solution, but since we are unable to reproduce it with the current information we have about your situation, it may not be possible.

Sincerely,

You might try to verify the port works by connecting another device. Also, watch the USB being added/removed from the driver panel as you plug it it/out. Baudrate must also match.

Alan KM6VV

Hi,

Please try our free utility Lynxterm. Make sure to check the settings in the top left corner (setup button).

Once connected to the right port (at the right baud rate), please type “VER” following by in the black window in the middle. If the connection is working you should get a response from the SSC-32U with the firmware version on-board.

Sincerely,

Well , I did try the LynxTerm, communication is there when I press the All=0 or the slider but the command VER doenst respond, if I press the Reg, I ve got the message that He cannot find the card

I also try the pololu Maestro on the same port and computer working fine.

Something strange with the board

Regards,

Meddo

Hi Meddo,

With the SSC-32U connected to the computer, please open the Device Manager. From there, open the section Ports (COM & LPT). Then, double-click the item named USB Serial Port (COM??) (where ?? is the port number assigned to your SSC-32U). In the **Properties **window, go to the **Details **tab and under **Property **select from the drop-down list Hardware Ids. Please let us know what is the **Value **that you have there for your SSC-32U.

Sincerely,

done’

Regards

Meddo

Hi Meddo,

Thank you for the information. Please open a support ticket with us here. It appears your board is defective and we will be replacing it as soon as we received your ticket.

In your ticket, please link to this thread and add your order or invoice number.

Sincerely,

Thanks, RMA on the way

Regards,

Meddo