SR05 Help on first robot

Hey everyone,

So I finally recieved all of the items and was waiting and I have the first robot built. I am using an SR05 for the head, so following instructions I made sure to follow the link on how to set up the SR05. I followed the wiring diagram, and to save me some sodering I put the header pins where necessary and used jumper wires to make the connection. Problem is I don't have a blinking light that is mentioned. And the debug screen doesn't offer anysort of change in the reading. I will post pictures soon, but if there is any tips in the meantime I would appreciate it! :)

check out Jaspers code.

It might be a coding issue.

https://www.robotshop.com/letsmakerobots/node/4676

Well I tried out the code

Well I tried out the code you have for jasper. Still no blinking light, but he now slowly looks back and forth. Although no change on the debug screen.

ok
Double check your connections. and look for any black or dark spots close to the solder points. It may have fried the SRF05 or you may just have a wire crossed. I did that the first time I tried.

i don’t want to make any

i don’t want to make any assumptions, but you wrote:

"…to save me some sodering I put the header pins where necessary and used jumper wires to make the connection…"

does that mean you haven’t soldered the header pins to the srfo5 board?

haha no that’s ok. I have
haha no that’s ok. I have in fact soldered the pins to the SR05 board. I also added one more for the ‘blue’ wire in the diagram that was provided. Still no such luck…I’m trying to find the chord for my camera, then I will upload every picture I can to see if it will clear things up.

if the led does not flash then it is not pulsing
it may even be a DOA part. if your connections are good and you havent fried the board then it has to be a defective part.

one last thing to try

just try this code only

symbol trig = 3 ’ Defines output pin for Trigger pulse of SRF05
symbol echo = 6 ’ Defines input pin for Echo pulse of SRF05
symbol range = w1 ’ 16 bit word variable for range

main:

gosub puls ’ read how much distance ahead

goto main

puls:
pulsout trig,2 ’ produce 20uS trigger pulse
pulsin echo,1,range ’ measures the range in 10uS steps
pause 10
’ now convert range to cm (divide by 5.8) or inches (divide by 14.8)
’ as picaxe cannot use 5.8, multiply by 10 then divide by 58 instead
let range = range * 10 / 58 ’ multiply by 10 then divide by 58
debug range
pause 10
return

if that does not do it then it must be the part I would think.

Ok I will give this new one

Ok I will give this new one a try later in the afternoon. Hopefully it will work, but if not I may just order the Sharp IR sensor this next time. Perhaps I will have better luck then.

Many thanks to this great community for the inspiration and your help :slight_smile:

Some pics
We are waiting on your pics… Maybe they will help to identify the problem…