Speed control selection

I am wanting to control 2 trolling motors simultaneously with variable speed and forward and reverse. They have a maximum amp draw of around 50amps each. I would like to control speed by a potentiometer and direction by a simple 2 button remote control, on/off/on toggle switch, or rocker foot pedal. Is this possible with this control and if so can anyone give me a simple wiring diagram?
Thanks!!

1 Like

Hi @MonsterMotorT_Scope ,

According to the amperage, this motor driver should do it.

For the connection scheme, please refer to the user guide where you can find several examples:

In your case, since you want to control it by a potentiometer, this scheme should be applied:

You can also get help for this product by contacting manufacturer directly, clicking on a Contact marketplace vendor button:

Thank you…….i have reached out to them.

1 Like

Good. Let us know if they reply with some good solution.

They didn’t seem very knowledgeable in this control or the capabilities of it. I am still on the search for a simple motor control, ESC, pwm………or whatever I can use to control the motors with consideration given to amperage.

1 Like

Hi @MonsterMotorT_Scope ,

It seems like this driver would work. So I would suggest you order it and try running the motor. One step at a time.

This is a simple controller I’m looking at using. But because of the amperage, run two of them with the controls combined so they work simultaneously but each motor has its own control. Does that sound feasible?

1 Like

You just need to figure out how to control two of these simultaneously.

I have that figured out. Was looking for a single controller to do it all.

1 Like

You could use Roboteq controllers for this, but they are expensive.

For example this one:

Yes sir…….at that price that’s out of the question……lol

1 Like

Too bad to hear that, since these are really good quality motor controllers…