Specifications about a certain product

Hey everyone, I wanted to order the following product for a school project, ElecFreak Octopus Wind Speed Sensor Anemometer Three Cups. Only thing I was wondering is if this product was something like a replacement part for a certain device or if it would give me directly the speed of the wind. I don’t know much about this kind of stuff so I was hoping you could help out! I appreciate your help in advance and if my question is not very clear, do not hesitate to ask further questions :slight_smile:

Hello @philrobot ,

Welcome to RobotShop community.

The sensor can be used alone, it doesn’t require further components.

To learn more about the sensor and how it works, please read the following:

The Octopus Wind Speed Sensor Anemometer Three Cups is a wind speed sensor with a rain-proof design. It has a standard connector for Octopus brick series products. You can use it to test wind speed. It adopts three half-sphere bowls with 6 cm diameter, presenting 120 degrees branch installation.

Under the effect of wind power, it can spin. The higher the wind speed, the faster it rotates. When the wind-spinning component rotates with a diameter of about 20 cm, it will force a mini DC motor to generate DC voltage. Higher wind speed will generate higher DC voltage. Its maximum voltage generated can reach 1.2 V. You can refer to the attached parameter form in the behind for actual wind speed and voltage output parameters. Its tolerance is about 10%.

Feel free to contact us again if you need further assistance.

Sincerely,

1 Like

Thank you for the information!

1 Like

Happy to help.

1 Like