Sources for Motors and Steppers with searchable index?

I am shopping for a motor for a hobby project, but am having difficulty finding a good source, that has a searchable index.

I like RobotShop for its large variety of parts, so that I don't have to pay for shipping from a motor source, a driver from another, etc. But, a list of hundreds of items, with no way to sort them but price, makes the job quite tedious.  The brief description is not really helpful, since it often omits important information, such as voltage and torque.

Can anyone recommend sources for DC Gear motors, Stepper Motors, and Motor Drivers, that has a searchable index?  Or perhaps some other way to filter the choices?

-Joe 

After a lot of searching, I

After a lot of searching, I have only come across one source that has much in the way of filtering, or any good way to sort the list of motors or motor drivers. For example Pololu has some of this ability.  You can only coursely filter, by things like DC motor/gearmotor/RC Servo.  But, you can select which fields to include in the list, and they seem to be pretty good about filling in the fields.  So, for example, with motors and controllers, you can include current and max voltage as a column and then sort by that column.

-Joe

It’s been over 7 years, and sadly, things are pretty much the same. Searching by for motors by voltage, integral encoder, wattage, etc. seems to not exist at the hobby level of robotics.

-Joe

@cadcoke5 Indeed, we have changed website technologies and although we had comparison tables before, they will need to be implemented in the new platform. This feature is in the works, but will likely only be available in a few months. Apologies in advance for the delay.

1 Like

Here is a personal update.
It is the same as it was a year ago. You can filter by brand, who is the selling company, and sort by price and some very basic categories, such as Brushed vs Brushless motor controllers.

Not voltage, amperage, RPM, or the sorts of things you need to. Worse still, the main descriptions often omit these things, and even in some of the detailed descriptions and specs. So, to shop for a motor controller that can handle at least 2 amps at 12v, you have LOT of work to do.

On the plus side, Robotshop’s staff is fairly responsive. And even if they don’t know all the motor controllers, they are willing to make some suggestions based on your questions to them.

-Joe