Some advice on L12 Linear Actuators 50mm and 100mm for NXT

Hello,

I just wanted to get some advice about a couple of your products before I placed an order. I was thinking about ordering 1 or 2 of the Firgelli Technologies Actuators that you sell for use with the Lego Mindstorms NXT.

They are:

L12 Linear Actuator 50mm for NXT RB-Fir-52
L12 Linear Actuator 100mm for NXT RB-Fir-51

I am thinking about using them on an “FTC” style robot, but not for competing though, just for hobby. Are they really good, how well would they hold up, or are they best suited for Lego Mindstorms robots?

Since they are kind of expensive ($100 for 2) I wanted to make sure. Any advice or help you could give me would really be appreciated.

Thanks,

Allen

I was only thinking about using the NXT version because the robot kit is Lego compatible and uses a NXT. The kit does have a motor controller though that can control up to 4 servos so I could use the Firgelli tech actuators that are RC controlled.

I was just kind of hoping for a little more information about the actuators in general as far as how well they work and how good they really are - especially since the RC version is $90. I was wondering if they were really worth the investment.

Allen

The linear actuators for NXT are made specifically for LEGO. You can find non-LEGO Firgelli tech actuators here with a variety of control methods: robotshop.com/actuators.html
Choose the stroke length you need, then the gear ratio (which corresponds to the max force), then the control method.

We do not get many returns on the L12s, and we would not keep them on our website if the quality or service were lacking.