[SOLVED] Arduino ATTiny85 does not blink LED. Programmed with Arduino nano

ATTiny85_LED_doesnt_blink_burning_bootloader_output.txt (18133Bytes)
ATTiny85_LED_doesnt_blink._Uploading_sketch_output.txt (14593Bytes)

Hi!

I have an ATTiny85 and I want to start with the blink LED sketch but it does not work. Attached is the wiring:

I followed these instructions: http://forums.4fips.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1080 for wiring, burn both bootloader and LED blink sketch with an Arduino nano as programmer (excepting I'm using 1.8.1 nightly Arduino IDE), and everything looks like going fine:

Please note, to have the post under 9000 characters I deleted most of these outputs, you have them full attached:

Here burning the bootloader to the ATTiny85:

C:\Program Files (x86)\arduino-nightly\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Program Files (x86)\arduino-nightly\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -v -v -v -pattiny85 -cstk500v1 -PCOM34 -b19200 -e -Uefuse:w:0xff:m -Uhfuse:w:0xdf:m -Ulfuse:w:0xe2:m 

Vtarget         : 0.0 V

Varef           : 0.0 V

Oscillator      : Off

SCK period      : 0.1 us

[deleted to be under 9000 characters at post]

################avrdude: Send: V [56] 0 [30] . [00] . [02] . [00]   [20] 

avrdude: Recv: . [14] 

avrdude: Recv: . [0b] 

avrdude: Recv: . [10] 

################################## | 100% 0.03s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e930b (probably t85)

avrdude: Send: Q [51]   [20] 

avrdude: Recv: . [14] 

avrdude: Recv: . [10] 

avrdude done.  Thank you.

Here loading the sketch to the ATTiny85:

C:\Program Files (x86)\arduino-nightly\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware 

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 0.99s

avrdude: 692 bytes of flash written

avrdude: verifying flash memory against C:\Users\FRANCI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_806380/ATtiny85-blink.ino.hex:

avrdude: load data flash data from input file C:\Users\FRANCI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_806380/ATtiny85-blink.ino.hex:

avrdude: input file C:\Users\FRANCI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_806380/ATtiny85-blink.ino.hex contains 692 bytes

avrdude: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.48s

avrdude: verifying ...

avrdude: 692 bytes of flash verified

avrdude done.  Thank you.

But it doesn´t blink. Do you have any idea how to solve it? Thanks!

Hi,Why did you connect a

Hi,

Why did you connect a capacitor from ground to reset ?

Try it again but remove it, maybe that helps.

It works now!

So I removed the capacitor also the wire from the arduino nano to the reset pin and now it works perfectly.

Thank you very much opidopi! Now you’ll enjoy more developments with this tiny amazing micro :wink:

Connect reset to Vcc if you

Connect reset to Vcc if you don’t need to reset it or connect a 10k resisotr from reset to Vcc and a button from reset to gnd so it pulles the pin down when pressed.

Nice

Thank you for the tip. It was a long time without using a micro barebone. Thanks for the reminder opidopi!