SOLVED! Aelos 1S Bluetooth Recognized but Need PIN to Connect

Hi!

UPDATE #2: PLEASE DO NOT BOTHER TO REPLY! I’m leaving this up to provide assistance for others with the same issue. The Solution: The person that sold me this robot claimed that it was an Aelos 1S Model but in fact it is a Aelos Basic Model. Except for the lack of a head turning servo, they are visually indistinguishable but require different Apps for control. Downloading the “non 1S” App was the answer.

I require your help regarding a problem I’m encountering. Since my initial posting I got a little closer but still cannot connect.

I have an Aelos 1S Robot and can’t connect the Android phone app via Bluetooth connection.

My Andriod phone recognizes the robot but when I try to pair it I’m asked for a PIN. There is no PIN referenced in the Aelos 1S Manual and I have tried common default PINs “0000”, “1111” and “1234” and these generate an “cannot connect, invalid PIN” response. UPDATE: “000000” works but see below for my latest connection issue…

UPDATE: I found an obscure post on another forum by doing another “Bluetooth PIN problem” search. It was suggested to try “000000” and that worked but not “fixed”.

However, although the robot shows that it is now paired, I still cannot get the Aelos 1S App to connect which is very frustrating. The phone can find the robot but the App can’t. Yes, robot powers up and stands to “attention” without any LED error colors.

Without connectivity I have a pretty white robot with blue lights that just stands there. It just stands there and mocks me.

Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated (so close yet so far).

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

1 Like