Smelly Litter Robot 3 - Cleaned, filter changed, new litter! help!

Hi,

I really could do with some help please! I have the litter Robot 3 and its been with me for about 8 weeks now. I have two cats and use a top quality clumping litter. it has recently started smelling so bad and i can’t work it out. since owning, i have wiped it twice a week with antibac wipes (as one of my two cats has loose poop and it often marks the side, or gets stuck in the filter grill.) i change the bag BEFORE the full light shows and i have just washed the carbon filter with detergent. today i took the robot apart and gave it a full clean as per the video online. But with my litter robot, the plastic shield does not seem to move in order to be cleaned. Ive put my hand behind the grill as far as i can to clean it, but i know its got debris stuck deeper under the shield by the empty hatch, as the shower water ran out dirty when i was wiping it off. When i reinstated the ‘clean’ unit, i checked the brushes and they were fine. i replaced the litter with fresh. But my cats have literally pooped in it twice today and it smells so bad…still! Another issue i’m finding is that my cats dig deep before they pee and so the litter is getting stuck to the liner and i’m having to scrape it off! I’m at the end of my tether, in principle the Litter Robot is a life saver, but if i cant eliminate the odour then its useless to me as we have no choice but to keep it in our kitchen. Can technical support help in anyway please? can i remove the shield some how? or can there be another reason it fills my kitchen with pongy odours? Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was transferred to internal RobotShop Support.