Setting up 3DOF Phoenix for the first time and need help

Hello, I’m trying to get my Phoenix running for the first time… When uploading the code via Arduino IDE its giving me an error message…
fatal error: PS2X_lib.h: No such file or directory
#include <PS2X_lib.h>

How specifically do I add this? now to arduino…

Also the Botboarduino has one light solid amber and the next one beside it is flashing amber… Any help would be appreciated…

THanks…

new to Arduino not now to arduino… lol…

It sounds like you don’t have the PS2 library as part of your Arduino Library. Here are two places to get it:

You need to add the library to Arduino

Hope this helps.

1 Like

This is how I wired… my boards as per the link you sent…
Google Photos

1 Like

when all is powered up and usb cable is plugged into botboard… and I try to upload scetch from arduino… it asked what board to choose… and port… port is fine mine is 10… however im not sure what board to choose… the link you provided does have sketches for each hexapod you sell. and I choose pheonix… and it even has the ps2 code it seems… it always gives the ps2 fatal error however… it does not seem to bring my servos to life at any point like start at 1500 for example… I’m confused on these points…

to clarify what i mean by boards… ie arduino uno, mega… etc it forces you to choose a board before uploading the code… also the code in the file downloaded from robotshop contains a tab with separate sketches/ code for each hexapod you offer including a tab for ps2 etc…

it would be really helpful if there was a step by step guide for folks who don’t have computer backgrounds like retired bankers… lol… I must be doing something wrong…

1. when all is powered up and usb cable is plugged into botboard… and I try to upload scetch from arduino… it asked what board to choose… and port… port is fine mine is 10… however im not sure what board to choose…

The BotBoarduino uses the Arduino Duemilanove design, so you would choose Arduino Duemilanove.

1. it always gives the ps2 fatal error however…

If the PS2 library has not been installed correctly, then that’s likely the reason for the error

1. it does not seem to bring my servos to life at any point

If there’s an error uploading, then indeed, the system would not work.

1. it would be really helpful if there was a step by step guide for folks who don’t have computer backgrounds like retired bankers… lol… I must be doing something wrong…

That’s our goal with the SES V2 robot lineup, and then once this is done, go back to clean up the other robots like the Phoenix.

1 Like

So my question is how exactly do I install the PS2 library correctly… slow and step by step to a non computer guy please… tx

1 Like

Best guide is the one directly from Arduino provided above:

1 Like

Here is my lastest print screen of error I’m getting when I try to run the code with usb connected. Notice the tabs at the top… I’m running the pheonix tab and get this error… Need some help… A video link to someone doing it properly would really help…
tx

1 Like

Google Photos

1 Like

Hmm… to check something then - did you download the sample code (Phoenix) and place it in a folder of the same name, or did you rename that folder? For Arduino, the folder structure is critical (same for the folder structure of any libraries you use). Might want to get back to basics…

1. Confirm you can upload the blink LED sketch (no libraries or anything)
  2. Confirm you can import the PS2 library and upload one of those sample sketches with no errors
  3. Only then try to upload the Phoenix code.
1 Like

I’m so confused with all the sketches and folders and zipped folder and sub folders etc…

1. Where is the blink LED sketch? can you provide a link
  2. Which PS2 Library Sketch?

OK… So I know what the Blink sketch is… That is the basic test code you can run…

So when I start up arduino program it repopulates the code I initially uploaded as per link in your instructions link…

OK So your instructions say to download and run this code… which I did… https://www.lynxmotion.com/images/html/build99f.htm

when I run that sketch it gives the no p2s directory etc… I guess what I need to know is which ps2 code/data should I download and then when extracted exactly which directory to put it in… There are so many directories I have no idea where to put it…

Ah - so it comes back to properly installing the PS2 library. I’ll involve Geraldine here who will help you get set up.
@geraldinebc15

2 Likes

ok thanks… Hi Geraldine

Is anybody there? sorry how does this work…

@ttnownow She will reply here as soon as she has been able to take a look at the tread and when she’s free :+1:

1 Like