Servos powered by arduino board

Alright, I’m using an arduino pro mini, rated at 5v with a 328. I plan to have two GWS pico servos attached to the board. My power supply for the pro mini is 4 AAA batteries rated at about 1000mah. According to pico servo user the servos have a peak current draw of about 500-550 mah. My question is can my servos be powered directly from my board or must they have a separate power supply. I’ve asked a few so far and different opinions came up and they told me to start a forum. I could use a different servo with a smaller current draw. I just wanted to get your opinions.

It is generally a good idea

It is generally a good idea to power motors, servos, etc from a separate power sub-system. It can be from the same batteries but not the same regulator circuit, if needed, as your MCU.

<o:p> </o:p>

Most servos are ok with 6V, thus you can connect the servos directly to your battery pack.

Ok sounds good so it would
Ok sounds good so it would be alright if I soldered three leads from the battery wires and connected one set to the board and the other two, to the servo power wires?

I’ve used two mini servo’s
I’ve used two mini servo’s on Arduino with a 6v pack before, but you’re calculations are probably correct regarding the stall current on those servo’s. So in rare occations strange things could happen. I did not notice anything, though.