Servocity 720oz-in 105rpm gear motors reporting different encoder tick totals

Hi

I am using the Servocity 720oz-in 105rpm gear motors with a roboclaw 2x15A board, and am finding that one wheel always reports about 40 ticks per rev more than the other, which is affecting a mapping application I built my bot for.

I am getting the numbers from the Motion Control app that lets you run PID tuning / setup etc, and I have carried those things out. I suspect I may have damaged a gear when mounting the motor with a mounting screw. The motor does seem to run noisily.

Is it possible to calibrate out the error? Unfortunately robotshop has been out of stock for more than a month or I would just buy another one, and the ones I have took 3 weeks to ship from the US so I am looking for a software solution.

Thanks for reading!

EDIT: I notice that the QPPS per motor is different in Motion Control studio:

I have also experimented with the PID, not much seems to change it. Using a set amount of clicks to move through, one wheel always advances slightly more than the other

I’m interested in this very motor. Seems to be back in stock. You might want to ask your question of tech support at gobilda.
https://www.gobilda.com.
Cheers,
Colin